Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow in The South

Southerners can be pretty naïve, and, yes, a little stupid, when it comes to snow. I'll admit, as the first big, puffy flakes poured down, I was outside revelling at the novelty and beauty of the experience. I even got up at dawn this morning, without the assistance of an alarm, to take pictures of what snow remained. I made some stupid mistakes of which I'm ashamed, but none of them were related directly to the white stuff on the ground (I instead wondered, “Why is everything over-exposing?” when I'd left my aperture set to F2 with 400 ISO film in bright sunlight).


But, friends, this morning, I saw an entirely opaque white Toyota Camry. Yes, opaque, even in that part most critical to visibility, the windshield. And it wasn't parked on the side of the road, nor was it proceeding with caution along the slippery trespasses. No, it was hurtling at what appeared to be well over 45 miles per hour down Pierce Ave, a major, and curvy, thoroughfare; with its driver lolling his head out the window like an over-stimulated puppy, simply to see the direction in which he was travelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home